Monday 18 January 2021

Ava tags and frames dies on colourful background

 



Hello fellow crafters

Today I am sharing a technique for creating a colourful backgrounds for the die-cuts on your cards.

I made the card using Curious metal silver ice 300gsm cardstock - my favourite cardstock for a beautiful rounded effect with die cutting.it is available in our online store. Really a cardstock worth its price.

To create the colourful background, I used the same type of cardstock because it creates a lovely shimmery effect with all kinds of ink. First, I swiped Distress Oxide inks in seedless preserves and salty ocean across the length of an A5 size piece of the cardstock.


Then I liberally sprayed the inks with water. Thereafter, I used an alcohol ink blower and mixed the colours, in the same way that you would do with alcohol inks.




Use a heat gun to dry and straighten the cardstock.
The die set I used, is Creative Expressions Ava frames and tags set. This is available in our online store.
Cut suitable sizes for backing your die cuts from the coloured paper. 
Complete the card by layering the coloured pieces and your die cuts.
I will appreciate it if you would please let me know that you have popped in, by liking the post or leaving me a short message.
Happy crafting, until next time.
Marie Smith







1 comment:

  1. This is so clever - it looks like alcohol inks but uses distress inks which is what a lot of us already have. I am going to try this as well, but think perhaps I need to see about that same paper you used to get the effect.

    Thank you SO much for sharing this - you have taught me something new again. :)

    ReplyDelete