Thursday 1 August 2019

Pink birthday peonies

 
Pink peonies are perfect to say "Happy birthday" on a special lady's birthday, or just to say "I am thinking of you". I made these cards for upcoming birthdays of two friends.




For the first card, I used one of the pieces of paper from the Heartfelt Creations sweet peony paper pack. I just LOVE the pretty papers in this pack, and they make it so easy to put pretty cards together once you ahve made the flowers.
When I make flowers, I always make quite a stash, and store them in cellophane bags in a large flat plastic container.

The steps below show hoe I stamped and coloured die-cut the sweet peonies.


I use a dauber to colour the stamped flowers before die-cutting them with the co-ordinating dies. This makes colouring much faster.


After die-cutting, I placed the flowers into the basics flower mould and very lightly spritzed them with water. Then the mould was rolled through my Big Shot machine, using the prescribed stack.

The flowers were then placed face-down onto a foam flower-shaping mat en lightly shaped with a flower-shaping ball tool so the petals would curl. The next step was to turn them face upside and press down in the middle with the ball tool to help the petals stand up.

Two layers of flowers were glued together and some small pearls added to the centre.

I hope you enjoyed your short stay and that you will take a few seconds to leave me a comment.

I am entering these cards for the Seize the birthday challenge. Hop over and see some lovely inspirational projects http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/

Seize the Birthday

 Remember that if you follow me by e-mail, you will always receive a notification of new posts. if you follow several other blogs, you can click on Follow in the top right-hand corner and view my blogs when you are alerted.

Crafty hugs

Marie Smith

4 comments:

  1. OH! my goodness, these are STUNNING cards, such beautiful work and colouring, something I keep trying to attain.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Stunning Card and flowers!
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job creating the fun flowers. Sure made a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete