Thursday 14 April 2022

QUICK TIP: Use left-over cardstock and bits and bobs to spread gratitude

 Hello, fellow crafters

In today's post, I want to cover three aspects:

  • How to use all those cut-off pieces of cardstock when you make a square card from an A4-sheet
  • How to use all those left-over flowers and bits and bobs from other projects that clutter up our craft rooms and that we just cannot get to chuck in the dustbin or that are too small or too few to use on a full-size card
  • How to say a special "thank" you to service staff such as sales assistants and waiters

 
I have always thought of making tags with the narrow strips of cardstock left over after making my favourite-sized square cards. A new use for them is to use all the bits and bobs that I collect in a box and that always takes up space on the trolley next to my desk: to keep them in a small clear plastic container on the corner of my desk and immediately after I have made a card or two, start using them to make "Thank you" tags to hand to sales person and waiters to say thank you for good service. If they are kept in the outside pocket of my handbag, they will be easy to reach for and hand over.
 
I find the Kcraft "Thanks" stamp set perfect for this purpose. 

On the two tags above, created this morning to use 2 pieces of cardstock after making card samples, I used stamped floral images from the Heartfelt Creations daydream florals stamp-and-die set that were left over after making a card sample and a card designed for a future class. This set from the Decorative dragonfly collection is certainly one of my favourites that will find its way onto MANY projects.
 
I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment, even if it is to share a tip about how you use left-overs in your papercrafting.

Happy crafting, until next time.

Marie Smith



 

1 comment:

  1. What a clever way to use our left-overs. I really love how many tips and tricks you always share. <3

    ReplyDelete